Recipe by *Asha*
From Dinnertime Express. Quick cooking soup with wonderful aroma.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
I really liked this soup a lot. It was a creative (and tasty) use of tortellini. Next time I'll probably add some more Indian-type spices (some garam masala or coriander, maybe); it's very good as written, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Asha!
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated mushroom tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook shallot, jalapeno pepper, curry powder, and garlic in hot oil about 1 minute or until shallot is tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, tortellini, and basil.
- Cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until pasta is tender but stil firm.
- Stir in the tomato and cook until heated through, but do not boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!