Ham and Mushroom Tortellini Alfredo
- Ready In:
- 2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet heat butter over medium heat; add the onions, garlic, thyme and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until they are tender and release all their moisture (make certain that the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated before adding in the remaining ingredients).
- Add in the cook ham, then stir in the whipping cream and black pepper; cook stirring over low heat until heated through.
- Stir in the Parmeasn cheese until melted.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste and more black pepper if desired.
- Drain the tortellini (do not rinse) and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the creamed sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!