Easy Tequila Lime Shrimp
photo by littlemissunshine00
- Ready In:
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet heat oil oil.
- Add in garlic and chipotle pepper powder; cook for 1 minute.
- Add in shrimp, butter and tequila to skillet; cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Stir in lime juice and cilanto.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was amazing, I wowwed everyone with this recipe. I also substituted Frank's Red Hot for the chipolte and doubled many of the ingredients (not the butter), which made a nice broth for dipping. Also, I saved some spare lime juice which made for some complimentary tequila poppers! Highly recommended.
YUM! I made this for dinner tonight w/ the only substitutions I made were I used thawed cooked jumbo shrimp and cut the butter to 2 tbs. I didn't cook for the whole 3 minutes, just enough to warm the shrimp through. I added the butter first until it melted and then the tequila and then the shrimp. This was so good, definitely was restaurant quality and good enough to serve for company. Thanks so much for posting, I will definitely make this again and again and again.