key lime shrimp
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
dawn sent me key limes!!! and i am enjoying every one of them.
- Ready In:
- 4 key limes or 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 large shrimp, in shells
- hot pepper sauce
- cut 4 thin slices of lime, and grate a tsp of zest, then squeeze to get 2 tbsp juice.
- in skillet heat butter& oil.
- add garlic, lime zest and juice, worcestershire, cook until bubbling, add shrimp and cook 2 minutes, turn over, add hot sauce and cook 2 minutes longer.
- serve with sauce, lime slices and french bread, eat with your fingers and lots of napkins.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! In case anyone is interested, this recipe when the sauce is doubled and put over udon noodles is 16 weight watchers points and serves 4. I doubled the sauce (8 TBSP of butter, 2 TBSP Olive Oil, 4 TBSP Lime, 2 TBSP Worcestershire). It turned out great! I may have put a little too much lime juice (I didn't measure) but it was great anyways. Husband said it almost tasted like the key lime shrimp they have at TGI Fridays so I'll label that a success!!!Reply
This came as a complete surprise to me. I had a ton of key limes and wandered through here to find a non-key lime pie recipe. This is a perfect dish....simple, delicious, subtle, and fast. I served it over orzo. I reduced the butter down by a tablespoon, but didn't change anything else. The only thing lacking is some fresh ground black pepper and salt and chocolate for dessert. Thanks for a really good recipe for a fast and easy dinner (or lunch).Reply
see 10 more