Eggs should be as fresh as possible and at room temperature. Salt should be added at the table to avoid toughening the omelet.
- Stir cream into eggs.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in the butter, about 5-7 minutes in a 9-inch omelet. Add pepper flakes to taste, sprinkle in the chives and thyme.
- Stir the beaten eggs into the mushrooms over medium-high heat.
- Heat the remaining butter in pan over medium heat.
- Stir the eggs briskly with flat of a fork and continue stirring until mixture is nearly cooked, but still wet, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the surface before folding.
- Flipping one side over onto the other. If you have a hard time flipping you can cut in half then flip.
- Garnish with additional chives.
Perfectly fluffy and tender omelet with amazing flavor. The mushroom and swiss combination is always a winner, but the thyme and chives really make it special. I added a bit of shredded cheddar and caramelized onion as well just because I had em :)
Yum! This was simple and had a really nice mix of ingredients. I had a little trouble flipping it, but it still tasted great. Thanks Rita for sharing. Made for ZWT7 for the Emerald City Shakers.
This was really good. Made for ZWT7.