Recipe by Teresa in St. Paul, MN
This soup seems like it has strange ingredients (soy sauce in soup?) but it all comes together beautifully. Adapted from an Allrecipe cookbook, suited to my own taste. It reminds me a lot of Panera Bread's cream of mushroom soup. Reheats and freezes really well.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Oh, my! Yumm. I used reconstituted dried moral mushrooms from Iowa. I substituted dried cilantro flakes and less powdered rosemary. It was easy to prepare and I cooked it about 30 minutes tops. Hint, if my lovely daughter would send some more I would make again. Just kidding. Regular mushrooms are great also. Thanks for posting!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (ONLY if using real broth, not cubes)
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional, I use dried if necessary)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in mushrooms, paprika, soy sauce, and broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in salt and add rosemary to taste. Start with at least two heaping tablespoons, add more if necessary.
- Simmer another 15 minutes, remember to stir.
- Stir in ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and sour cream.
- Mix together until sour cream is melted.
- Simmer to reduce. For a smoother soup, blend with an immersion blender.