1/1 Photo of Mushroom Soup
Teresa in St. Paul, MN's Note:
This soup seems like it has strange ingredients (soy sauce in soup?) but it all comes together beautifully. Adapted from an Allrecipe cookbook, suited to my own taste. It reminds me a lot of Panera Bread's cream of mushroom soup. Reheats and freezes really well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (ONLY if using real broth, not cubes)
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional, I use dried if necessary)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Melt the butter in a large pot.
- 2Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 3Stir in mushrooms, paprika, soy sauce, and broth.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in salt and add rosemary to taste. Start with at least two heaping tablespoons, add more if necessary.
- 6Simmer another 15 minutes, remember to stir.
- 7Stir in ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley, and sour cream.
- 8Mix together until sour cream is melted.
- 9Simmer to reduce. For a smoother soup, blend with an immersion blender.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 1242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g