Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Sherri Horonjeff, Woodland Hills, California, as submitted to BH&G. Preparation time includes 2 hours of chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (4 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- tomatoes, slices for garnish (optional)
- watercress leaf, for garnish (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine mustard, vinegar, oregano, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Using a wire whisk, blend in oil.
- Stir in mushrooms and olives.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve on individual plates with tomato slices and a watercress sprig.
LOVE this. I used some "dying" button mushrooms that were hanging out in the fridge and this recipe perked them right up! I used rice wine vinegar. I also substituted some greek seasoning for the tarragon since I didn't have any on hand. I sliced some mushrooms and left others whole, just to see how they tasted. I marinated them 24 hours and the sliced are a bit over marinated (SLIGHTLY) and the whole are not quite marinated enough; I would suggest cutting them in half if you want to make them a day ahead of time! EXCELLENT recipe that I will certainly make again! Made for Veg*n Swap.