- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, and its liquid
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onions or 1⁄4 cup white onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple liquid with water to make 2 1/2 cups.
- In medium sauce pan, bring to boil with salt.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover, simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet.
- Saute onion and mushrooms 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, ginger and pineapple; blend well.
- Add mushroom mixture to rice along with nuts.