Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great appetizer for a dinner or a party!
- 2 lbs mushrooms (your choice)
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb soft cream cheese (2 8-oz. pkgs.)
- 1⁄4 lb soft sweet butter (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ounce marsala wine (optional)
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into halves.
- Puree the mushrooms with the 4 cups of water in a blender or food processor.
- In a large saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for half an hour.
- Strain the mixture, separating the thicker mushroom portion from the liquid.
- Reserve the mushroom portion.
- Simmer the liquid again until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Set aside the reduction/glaze.
- While the glaze is cooling, combine the remaining ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl with a large spoon.
- Add the thicker mushroom puree and the cooled glaze to the above mixture to make the pate.
- The pate can be refrigerated for up to 7 days.
- Serve with crackers or toast points.
This was very good! I used the Italian Brown mushrooms and I added a little extra garlic and rosemary for our taste. And I did use the Marsala, I would suggest using it. I will definitely make this when we have our next dinner party!