Almond Mushroom Pate
photo by Jenny Sanders
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cs.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 c)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms (, 4 oz)
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- In a large skillet, melt margarine.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender but not browned.
- Add tarragon, stir until it is softened.
- Pour mixture into a bowl of food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add cheese if you prefer a more spreadable consistency.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- Top with garnish of your choice.
- GARNISH: slivered or finely chopped almonds, fresh parsley sprigs, pimiento strips, or sweet red pepper strips, optional.
- People who do not like ordinary pate seem to love this one.
- Vary the herbs and substitute the vegetables as you wish.
- Serve with water crackers, thick slices of crusty French bread, thin slices of whole wheat bread, or unsalted whole wheat crackers.
- May be frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!