Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just add a hot bowl of soup and you've got an easy, delicious, and filling meal.
Make and share this Mushroom Crab Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained,flaked,and picked over
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 6 English muffins, split
- cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from skillet.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in bacon drippings until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crab, swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mushroom mixture, parmesan cheese, and bacon; stir to combine.
- Spread butter over the English muffin halves.
- Top with crab mixture; sprinkle with cayenne and paprika.
- Place muffins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.