Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a breakfast dish you make the night before and add an apple to in the morning. I adapted it from Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally by Neal Barnard, M.D., founder of the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine (www.pcrm.org). It was the first vegan book I read. This is one of my favorite recipes in it.
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 59.14 ml raisins (unsulphured)
- 59.14 ml walnuts, chopped raw (from walnuts in the shell, if you can find them)
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 473.18 ml unsweetened soymilk
- 59.14 ml frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (organic unsweetened)
- 1 small braeburn apple (organic)
- Combine oats, raisins, nuts, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir together milk and juice concentrate.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, grate or finely chop the apple.
- Stir into oat mixture.