Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from one of our potlucks at work. It is really good.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix, baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan by the box directions
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 14 ounces coconut, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Bake cake in a 9x13-inch cake pan by the package directions.
- When cooled, split cake into 2 layers.
- In a saucepan mix sugar, marshmallows and milk.
- Bring to a boil; stir till sugar is melted. Remove from heat and then stir in coconut.
- Put the coconut mixture between split layers and on top; let cool.
- Combine milk, sugar and oleo for topping; bring to a boil.
- Stir chocolate chips in till melted.
- Frost cake with this mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Yum Yum.
~~Thanks for adding the coconut...now I cannot wait to make this :) Karen
Very, Very good cake...It's a keeper!
This is like the best german chocolate cake meets a mounds bar. Its so good. Thanks for sharing.