Recipe by Ms*Bindy
I always seem to have an abundance of peppers and zucchini in my garden....and I'm a pasta lover. What better way to serve them together than a nice refreshing summer salad.
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Place pasta plus all remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix or shake all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Toss gently before serving.