1/2 Photos of Moroccan Spiced Lamb Stuffed Bell Peppers
I found this recipe online but I haven't tried it. It sounds delicious. Let me know how it turns out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large red bell peppers or 5 large green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1Cut the tops of the peppers, remove the core & seeds.
- 2Place the peppers in a large saucepan with salted water. (The water should cover the peppers.).
- 3Bring the water to a boil, then cover and simmer on low 5 minutes. Drain peppers upside down on paper towels.
- 4Brown lamb and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, mint, spices, cooked rice and 3/4 cup of the broth.
- 6Stuff peppers with mixture. Stand stuffed peppers in remaining broth in a large saucepan.
- 7Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until peppers are just tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Lamb Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 597.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.4 g