Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet crunchy corn gets a little kick with this zesty corn topper.
- 4 medium ears fresh cooked corn
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix cumin, coriander, oregano, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Brush 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil over each ear of cooked hot corn and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
This is so simple to make. I grilled my corn. DH thinks he would use butter next time; I was fine with the olive oil. This is a nice change from everyday corn.
This was well-received at our table, though since some of us aren't coriander lovers it was a bit strong and we agreed that next time I should use less of the mixture on each ear. I might also increase the cumin and decrease the coriander, but that's just personal preference. This was terrifically easy to put together, and a nice change of pace. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.
Fresh sweet corn is the best and this spice mixture added a nice boost of flavor!<br/>made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars