- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry lentils, sorted, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 3⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro or 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in lentils, coriander, cumin, black pepper and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, celery and sun-dried tomatoes; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered 25 minutes.
- Stir in squash, bell pepper and parsley. Continue cooking covered 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Top with plum tomatoes and cilantro just before serving.