1/2 Photos of Moroccan Lentil & Vegetable Soup
Not only does this taste good it’s very healthy. This recipe is from a diabetic cook book. Lots of vegetable, and because the lentils are high in soluble fiber this is a good recipe to lower blood cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry lentils, sorted, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro or 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in lentils, coriander, cumin, black pepper and cinnamon; cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth, celery and sun-dried tomatoes; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered 25 minutes.
- 5Stir in squash, bell pepper and parsley. Continue cooking covered 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 6Top with plum tomatoes and cilantro just before serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lentil & Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g