Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spice up plain old chicken with a taste of the exotic.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon moroccan seasoning
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 10 ounces rice
- 12 dried apricots, halved
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 14 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Coat chicken with the Moroccan spice.
- Fry the onion in butter until soft.
- Tip in the chicken, then cook for a few mins more.
- Stir in the rice and apricots, then pour in the stock cube with 2 3/4 cups boiling water and the chickpeas.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 mins until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Toss in the chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.