Recipe by Nat Da Brat
Soldiers use to drink this on New Year's day, according to our local news cast this evening, which was serving this at the local Legion Hall.
- 12 eggs (only use the yolks)
- 40 ounces good Canadian rye whisky
- 40 ounces dark rum
- 5 ounces Kahlua
- 10 ounces real canadian maple syrup
- 40 ounces milk (homogenized only)
- 40 ounces heavy whipping cream (not canned!)
- 1 cup sugar
- nutmeg, cinnamon (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat yolks until fluffy and completely mixed.
- Add the sugar and beat the mixture until thick.
- Stir in the milk and the liquor.
- Chill for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Whip the cream until good and thick.
- Don't use canned whipped cream as it will go flat.
- Fold in whipped cream (it will appear as if it has totally thinned out, don't worry).
- Chill for another hour.
- Sprinkle the top with nutmeg and cinnamon to taste (optional).
- Serve (when serving keep chilled because of the raw eggs. Normally this is not a problem, as Moose Milk disappears quickly).