Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for outings.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 78.07 ml peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml peanut butter
- 51.76 ml milk
- Cream butter and white sugar and brown sugar. Blend in 1/3 cup peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Add flour and oatmeal. Mix well!
- Spread in greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and bake for eight minutes. Spread to smooth out chocolate chips. Cool! Mix icing and spread over bars. Refrigerate to set. Cut and eat.
- To Make Icing: Mix together 1 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter and 3 1/2 tablespoons milk until it makes a spreadable consistency.
Very good bars! I have made them with a combo of butterscotch and chocolate chips also.
This is definitely 5 stars all the way! I under baked the crust by 2-3 minutes (just to it won't be too crumbly) before putting on the chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate) and only baked it for 5 minutes with the chocolate before removing it from the oven. This resulted in a delicious soft yet chewy crust (after it has sat in the fridge of course) I loved the addition of oats to this bar and I sprinkled the top with chocolate jimmies - just for it to look pretty. This is a wonderful bar, I loved it and will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing.