Grape-Nuts Peanut Butter Bars
- Ready In:
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 cups Post Grape-Nuts cereal
- Mix corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter in large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes or just until mixture boils, stirring every minute.
- Add cereal; toss to coat well.
- Press firmly into foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan which has been lightly sprayed with no stick cooking spray, cool.
- Cut into bars.
- Stove-top directions: Bring corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter to boil In saucepan on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over cereal In bowl; toss to coat well, continue as directed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These bars are very good. I only used 7/8 cup of sugar and of corn syrup because I don't like things as sweet as most people do. The bars were still very stiff when cooled and too sweet for my taste. Next time I will try 2/3 cup of both sugar and corn syrup. The peanut butter gives them a wonderful flavor. Pat
This recipe was really disappointing. They looked delicious but didn't want to stick together because of the consistency of the grape-nuts. I ended up adding another 1/2 c peanut butter and another 3/4 c of honey. The consistency improved but the grape-nuts were so crunchy that they aren't very enjoyable. I will say, I never had grape-nuts before making this, so i was probably going to be surprised either way. If you like crunchy goodness, make these.
see 3 more reviews