Recipe by DbKnadler
I threw this together with some leftover chicken breast on Monday night. I had a healthy and delicious dinner on the table in 20 minutes flat.
Top Review by Name
Delicious. At first, I was a little iffy about the peas and beans but it turned out to be a great recipe. However, I'm one for spicier foods, so I added some pizza seasoning and some Italian salad dressing so it was a little gooier and had a little extra zing. Delicious recipe nontheless.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked with skin and bone removed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinse and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups macaroni, dry (I use whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning (Italian Medley)
- 1 tablespoon Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni according to package directions. While that is going, preheat a large skillet.
- Dice the chicken and add the olive oil and chicken to hot skillet. Toss with a bamboo spoon for a few minutes or until chicken is starting to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juice), drained and rinsed kidney beans, and frozen peas to the chicken. Cover and bring up to a simmer.
- Remove lid, add seasoning and stir in the macaroni.
- Serve immediately.