Instant Pot "Sunday Night" Pasta
photo by tacocat1000
- Ready In:
- Cook the frozen meatballs in the oven according to the package instructions.
- While the meatballs are cooking, set the instant pot to saute mode and throw in the olive oil, onion and garlic until soft.
- Add in the ground meat, salt and pepper and cook until well browned. Deglaze the pan with a little less than a 1/4 cup of water. Just make sure nothing is stuck on the bottom.
- Pour in the pasta sauce and add 1 jar + 1/2 jar of water. Stir well. Turn off the instant pot.
- Add the pasta on top of the meat sauce but do not stir it around. Just push it down to fully submerge.
- Cook it on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release. Add in the browned meatballs and serve immediately!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've also used spaghetti noodles, halved the pasta amount and/or thrown in frozen meatballs instead of cooking them in the oven first. Works beautifully and makes the meal even easier. Although, I do prefer that the meatballs are browned in the oven and will take the extra step but this option will make things even easier!