Creamy Seafood and Mushroom Pasta
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to taste
- Slice the mushrooms. Mince the garlic.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until just pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the oil in the pan. Saute about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine and cook until about half is absorbed, stirring and scraping browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet and add the crabmeat and cream. Simmer about 2 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Add lemon zest and juice, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Add the penne to the skillet and heat through, adding some of the reserved pasta water if needed to keep everything moist. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My friend and I made this for our hubby's. I do not eat seafood (allergic), so I'm basing this on their over all opinion. We did make a couple of changes tho. Neither of us had penne pasta, so we had to use wide egg noodles. (My GF & I think it would look really neat to use small pasta shells for this). The recipe doesn't specify the rosemary (fresh, dried, chopped). Also, I only had the shaker can of Parm cheese (recipe doesn't specify amount of fresh shaved, or canned grated) which is what was used. All in all, they did enjoy this dish. Thank you for posting. (Made for ZWT9)