Blue Cheese and Mushroom Pasta
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups a variety of mushrooms, such as morel,shiitake,oyster (sliced)
- 5 tablespoons crumbled mild blue cheese (Danish or Saga)
- 4 ounces containers yoghurt
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- parmesan cheese
- whatever pasta, very nice with anything curly that will catch the sauce
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, sautee until soft.
- Add the blue cheese, yoghurt, and creme frais.
- Stir until heated through and the BlueCheese is melting.
- Pepper to taste.
- Just before you take the sauce off the stove, add salt and pepper to taste.
- A dash of Cayenne is really nice.
- Server over hot pasta and sprinkle with freshly ground parmasean and chopped parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tasty and flexible. Easy to make. There was no creme freshe in the house, so I added some half and half. My only parley was dry, so I added with the salt and pepper at the end. I scaled it to 40% as that is all the blue cheese I had in the fridge. Supposedly that would be 80% of 1 serving. It would have been enough for 2 people.