Recipe by CookingMonster
Mom made these ribs, as long as I can remember. Very tasty with rice. Although I have usually done these in the oven, I imagine you could make these in the slowcooker.
Top Review by Marsha D.
This is delicious. I made this today for our dinner and put in the slowcooker.I also added a few veggies (carrots,celery,onion and green pepper and mushrooms) and added a dash of sesame oil. It was delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 3 lbs spareribs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, save the juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry 3 lbs. spareribs, cut into 2" pieces, until brown.
- Drain, one can of pineapple tidbits.
- warm the juice, 1/4 Cup water, 1 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 Cup brown sugar, 3/4 Cup vinegar and 3/4 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Make like gravy.
- When thick add pineapple chunks.
- Pour over ribs and place in a roaster.
- Bake 3-4 hours at 250 degrees.
- Very tender.