Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a basic at our house, and we have it two or three times a month. I love the french dressing flavor instead of blah macaroni.
- 2 cups salad macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet pickle
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper or seasoning salt
- 1 can shrimp, drained and rinsed
- Boil macaroni until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to keep it from sticking together.
- Add dressing and chill for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Combine mustard, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Add together with remainder of ingredients to the macaroni and mix well.
- Better if mixed an hour ahead of eating, so the flavors can blend together.
Everyone likes this dish and no one complains - which is a pretty big deal. Wonderful recipe:)
This was nice. I used dill pickle and homemade French dressing (Honey French Dressing). Would have liked more shrimp - I used a 7 oz can (4 oz drained) since it didn't specify but would use 2 cans next time. I would also shred the cheese instead of cubing and use a little more French dressing. Thanks for the recipe!
This was delicious! I followed the recipe except for the shrimp. I substitued crispy bacon pieces. The whole family loved it so we will definitely have it again. Thank you for sharing!