Mexican-Style Tortilla Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 cup ranch dressing (use bottled or homemade, I use Kittencal's Creamy Ranch Dressing/Dip)
- 1 cup salsa (use mild or medium)
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped (can use head lettuce)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (cubed finely or coarsely shredded)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained (or use half a can each black beans and pinto beans, drained)
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado (peeled and chopped)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn chips, broken into pieces
- In a bowl mix together the ranch dressing and salsa (this can be done hours ahead and chilled.
- In a large bowl toss the lettuce with cheddar cheese cubes, black beans, chopped tomatoes and avocado: toss well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over starting with 1 cup and adding in more to taste; and toss to coat with salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the chopped corn chips (or just sprinkle on top of salad).
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation