Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I used Mom's chili recipe and added a few things of my own over the years. I put it together in the crock pot the night before, throw it in the fridge (just the crock), then before leaving for work the next morning I put the crock in the base, plug it in and it's yummy when I get home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomato sauce (large)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Put all ingredients in crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 6 hours. I also like to take the lid off the crock pot the last hour or two (when I'm home) to allow some of the water to burn off.
Good and easy chili. I sauted the onion and pepper before putting them in the crock pot and also added 1 T brown sugar.
Very good & easy to make! I didn't use my Crock Pot. I heated until boiling and then I simmered for 1.5 hrs. Yummy and I know the leftovers will be even yummier!
I have made this recipe several times and have meant to leave a review before now. This is easy to make and very delicious. I am normally not big on chili, but this recipe changed my mind. I use beef from our local meat market because I find the quality is better. The family loves this chili. Even my daughter, who is not big about eating meat, scarfs this down. My only problem now is stopping my fiance from eating half the pot!