Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe my grandmother uses to make corn pudding. Prior to tasting this recipe, I'd never eaten corn pudding before. Now it's a must during every family meal gathering.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole kernel sweet corn (drained)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Let cream corn sit open for a minute, then skim clear liquid off top.
- Spray 9 X 13 inch baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray; set aside.
- Stir sugar, flour and nutmeg together in a medium bowl with a wire whisk.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Beat in milk and vanilla, blending well.
- Stir in corn and pour into prepared pan.
- Drizzle butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour; the center should"jiggle" when pan is gently shaken.