Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Went like lightening at my dining co-op, mildly spice and ever so moist!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (raw is great, could do mostly white with a little brown)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots (juicing ones fine)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or 1/4 cup water with 1 tbs. lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- preheat oven to 400 with pan of water at bottom of oven.
- mix dry.
- mix eggs and sugar.
- mix in carrots and let sit 10 minutes.
- mix in rest of wet ingredients.
- fold in dry (don't over mix- will be lumpy).
- pour into greased muffin cups (almost full).
- bake 15-18 minutes.
These are great. I didn't bother with the melted butter and I didn't have any allspice so that didn't go in either. Finally, I forgot to put water in the bottom of the oven but I did cover them with tin-foil. In any case they turned out sufficiently moist. I toped them cream-cheese-based icing and decorated with a little freshly-grated carrot.
I like these a lot! This is a very straightforward and basic carrot muffin recipe that turned out great, and you're not kidding moist! My only changes were to leave out the raisins and walnuts (personal preference). I will definately make these again, Thank you for sharing! Made for Bargain Basement December 2010.