Recipe by in OH
Went like lightening at my dining co-op, mildly spice and ever so moist!
Top Review by Katiekins
Pretty good...didn't get the nice high rounded top I get with other recipes...they were moist, but so are other recipes I've tried. Also they were a bit spice heavy for my liking. I like spice, but I still want to taste the carrot. I might suggest leaving out the allspice. Not bad, but not the moist fluffy muffin extravaganza I was hoping for.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (raw is great, could do mostly white with a little brown)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots (juicing ones fine)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (or 1/4 cup water with 1 tbs. lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 400 with pan of water at bottom of oven.
- mix dry.
- mix eggs and sugar.
- mix in carrots and let sit 10 minutes.
- mix in rest of wet ingredients.
- fold in dry (don't over mix- will be lumpy).
- pour into greased muffin cups (almost full).
- bake 15-18 minutes.