Healthy Carrot Muffins
photo by Kim A. Heaphy
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed and with juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400'F (200'C)
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fill greased muffin cups (or use muffin liners) 3/4 full.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Then bake at 400'F for 20 to 25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>What can I say? I have been dabbling in the Kitchen for about thirty years and have gone from making Kraft Dinner to preparing international cuisine. Though my cooking skills are far from perfect, I have had a few compliments on the meals that I have provided. I enjoy cooking especially when cooking for friends. I have chosen to post my favourite recipes here on Recipezaar for those who wish to make them and for the friends who keep asking for them! Enjoy!</p>