Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Moist Carrot and Raisin Walnut Loaf
- 125 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a loaf tin and line the base.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in golden syrup.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat until well combined.
- Stir in carrot, raisins and walnuts.
- (Don't worry if the mixture looks curdled; it will come out right when the flour is added.)
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients; stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven about 1-1/4 hours.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.