Gluten Free Date and Walnut Loaf
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 1 cup organic raw walnut halves (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup organic dried pitted dates, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup of very hot filtered tap water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup organic honey
- 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
Alternative gluten free flour mix to substitute for the rice flours and potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato flour
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F.
- Coat the inside of a 1 litre loaf tin with walnut oil and set aside.
- In your mixer or a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and honey, with a pinch of baking soda and sea salt. Add in the hot water and stir to blend.
- Add in the desired amount of rosewater and mix through.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Slowly add in the flour to create a fairly thick batter.
- Pour into a bread tin and place in the centre of the oven for about 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Turn the loaf out and place on a rack to cool.
- Don’t slice the bread for at least an hour as it will continue to bake as it cools.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!