Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple to make yet delicious and elegant frosting good on many cakes. Use it most often with the simple Almond Torte (recipe on this site as well)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it’s thick and forms peaks when you take out the beater.
- Makes enough to spread generously on top, sides, and between two layers of 8 inch (20 cm) round cake.
This is one of the best frosting recipes ever! I make a beautiful chocolate brownie cake with cayenne pepper & cinnamon. This frosting is the perfect rich yet light foil for this wonderful desert! Thanks so much for this!