Heath Bar Angel Food Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1 round angel food cake (Either store bought cake or make your own home made cake recipe.)
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped to peaks
- hot fudge topping, 16 oz. (to taste)
- 6 Heath candy bars, cracked up into bite size pieces
- Brush excess crumbs off of the cake before frosting. (If you are in a hurry, using a store bought cake cuts the baking of this cake to 0, thus the cooking time is not necessarily accurate if you do not bake one).
- Whip the cream until it forms peaks that stand up.
- FOLD in the hot fudge topping, and cracked Heath Bars.
- Frost the Angel Food Cake with the above topping, including the inner circle.
- Refrigerate several hours to let it set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Highly recommend this dessert for ease and taste. Have had it in my files for years and still very popular. It is definitely better made with your own angel food cake or a mix - most store bought do not do it justice. This is a P.S. because I forgot to mention a slight variation of this recipe. Sometimes I add 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg to the angel food mix - this was actually included in the original recipe I have. Very good........
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi. I live in a beautiful mountain town in Northern Utah. I live with my husband and two very spoiled dogs, that are like our kids. My REAL kids are just now out of the house and sometimes it is a bit lonely! This empty nest thing has led me on a trek to restart cooking on a regular basis for just the two of us, and found Recipe Zaar to be the perfect place to start finding wonderful recipes submitted by real people, like me. I need easy, lower calorie, (since I have lost and kept off 52 lbs. since last March! Yeah! If you have that same need, Z mail me and I will share with you how I have done it the safe natural way. No sales pitch, just counting calories, but I have a great way that works!) dinner and dessert ideas. So far I have not been disappointed. Thanks to all of you cooks for sharing your ideas and talents. Keep them coming! Sue