Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Don't let the list of ingredients keep you from trying this recipe. It's actually pretty quick to throw together, and fairly simple. This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9x13 pan if you need 12-16 servings, which is what I usually do. You can serve it with a scoop of ice cream or sorbet if you'd like.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in bowl, and place in greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup cocoa. Pour mixture on top of the batter in the pan, using a spoon to spread it evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup hot water, and 1 tablespoon instant coffee. Stir to dissolve coffee. Add 1 tablespoon butter. Stir until butter is completely melted. Pour mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cake is done (it should spring back when touched).
- Let cool for about 30 minutes. When ready to serve, cut into squares and spoon some of the chocolate pudding over the top of each serving.
This recipe was was fabulous! I have tried other recipes, and found them to taste eggy... so I love that this didn't have eggs! Easy to prepare, took about 5 minutes with a stand mixer. Thanks for sharing!
It was really chocolately, moist and sweet with a crust on top. Eggless. Wonderful! It fulfills ones chocolate cravings with one portion. To make a pan load of i believe this recipe should e doubled or tripled.Thanks!
Wonderful recipe, doubled as advised. Served at an office birthday party. Everyone liked it