Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Eating Well" magazine, February/March, 2006.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas (6 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced of fresh mint
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add rice and bring to a simmer; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in peas and return to a simmer over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the peas are hot and the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, fets, mint, and pepper.
- Cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.