1/1 Photo of Mini Spinach and Cottage Cheese Pies
I morphed Spinach Ricotta Pie Spinach Ricotta Pie with a Hint of Feta to make individual size pies for my kids to take to school lunches. I prefer them without the tortilla crust, but the kids and my husband like the crust. I accidentally forgot to grease the ramekins, but they did not stick, so now I do not grease my ramekins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in heavy pot over medium high heat.
- 3Saute onion and garlic until onion is starting to turn yellow, not quite brown.
- 4Add spinach in batches and saute until wilted.
- 5In bowl, beat cottage cheese, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper if using, together.
- 6Add spinach mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin tin, fill 3/4 full - I use paper cupcake liners. This makes about 16 to 18 muffins. I just use my dozen cupcake pan, and then put the leftover mix into small ramekin cups.
- 8Variation: grease the muffin tin, then cut flour tortillas (use a flattened out cupcake liner as a template) into rounds, carefully push the tortillas into greased muffin cups, fold over excess tortilla from the side. Fill 3/4 full with mixture.
- 9Top each muffin with heaping teaspoon of crumbled feta.
- 10Bake until top starts to brown, about 30 minutes (without tortilla) or increase time to about 35 to 40 minutes with tortilla.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Spinach and Cottage Cheese Pies
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 88.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.8 g