Crustless Spinach Ricotta Quiche
This dish is great, especially if your a fan of spinach like I am. The dill weed adds a nice "spring-like" flavor
- Ready In:
- 12 cups fresh spinach or 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (can use part skim or low fat ricotta)
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9" pie dish.
- Steam the fresh spinach until just wilted.
- (Or thaw frozen spinach and steam for about 5 minutes).
- Press the water out of the cooked spinach and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and cook the onions until soft but not brown.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, dill, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the prepared spinach, tomatoes, and onions.
- Mix thoroughly and place mixture into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the quiche cool for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 20 more