Sweet Ricotta Cheese Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Wonderful change from the cream cheese pies,or cheese cakes. Note,You may use creamed cottage cheese instead if you like.Enjoy! 8)
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts (graham is nice)
- Place the cheese in a strainer; drain for about 1 hour or until most of liquid has drained.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all the ingredients except the egg whites; mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until firm, fold into batter until smooth.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Bake 15 minutes and reduce oven to 350°; bake additional 25 minutes or until knife in center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks, then chill.
- The flavors improve a day after baking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION