Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
If you can't make up your mind between chocolate and butterscotch pies, try this one. It will make your decision a lot easier. Cook time is chill time. Submmited to Zaar on December 8th 2006.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk (can use skim if your watching calories)
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (8 ounce) carton non-dairy whipped topping (like cool whip)
- In a medium sized bowl mix together milk and pudding until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust, top with desired amount of topping (I use about 6 ounces).
- Chill for 2 hours or for better results chill overnight.
instead of chocolate chips, i shaved some mexican chocolate into the mix, and once it set a little more shavings on top. it was beautiful and SO GOOD!
Fantastic! I liked it better with 1/4 cup less milk and 1 Tbs of peanut butter mixed in. I used whipped cream sprayed on top instead of Cool Whip, added just before serving. Wonderful, thank you!
Thanks for the great pie recipe, made this for Christmas Eve and everyone loved it.