Grandma's Chocolate Pie
photo by Papa D 1946-2012
- Ready In:
- In a medium saucepan, stir pudding mix into 2 cups milk with wire whisk.
- Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips while heating, stirring until they are melted. Continue cooking until mixture comes to full boil.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Put lid on pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite pie crust and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream or cool whip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Used a very generous measure of chocolate chips while otherwise following the recipe right on down, & we had a wonderfully chocolatey pie! I did make my own regular crust this first time, but might switch to a homemade graham cracker one next time around! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]