Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Rick Gallop's "The GI Diet"
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, light
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute (liquid)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In non-stick fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion and red pepper for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add broccoli, thyme, salt and pepper; cover and steam for about 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp and bright green.
- Divide mixture among 12 greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of vegetable mixture in each cup.
- In bowl, whisk together liquid egg, milk, bran and whole wheat flour.
- Divide evenly over vegetable mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden, set and puffed.
- Let cool slightly before serving.