Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Minestrone (Volumetrics) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-sodium vegetable juice (V8)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups cored diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup small whole wheat pasta, cooked separately (shells or other shape)
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups shredded spinach
- Heat the oil in a 4 to 5 quart pan over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, juice, broth, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, beans, and spinach and cook on medium-low until spinach wilts.
So yummy and so easy! Just happened to have everything except the V8. Substituted extra broth and half a can of tomato sauce. Definitely make it again!!