Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a favourite with my children. To be eaten with rice or bread.
Make and share this Minced Chicken Dumplings With Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g minced chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- Mix the mince chicken, cornflour, egg, sesame seed oil, pepper and salt together and put aside.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into rounds about 0.5 cm thickness.
- Chop garlic finely.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté the potatoes until half cook. Remove from pan. Using the remaining oil, put spoonfuls of minced chicken mixture into pan and fry on both sides till golden brown. Remove and set aside with potatoes. Pour away remaining oil, leaving about 1 tablespoon of oil in pan. Sauté garlic and onion. Add soya sauces, sugar and pepper. Once caramelized add water. When it comes to a boil add the potatoes and chicken dumplings. Once boiled and the potatoes are cooked through, remove and serve.