1/1 Photo of Mimi's Maryland Crab Cakes
This is my mom's (Mimi's) crab cake recipe, and I think it's the best! She originally came to Florida from Baltimore, and they know their crab cakes there! This might even be an Old Bay recipe, I don't know. I like to make these and my potato salad and Mimi's baked beans for "special" occasions. Mimi used to serve her crab cakes with her coleslaw as a side dish. This recipe makes 8-10 cakes depending on the size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fancy white crab meat (and claw)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for quick frying
- 1Mix all ingredients (except canola oil) together and shape into cakes (about 8-10).
- 2In large skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- 3Add cakes and cook, turning once, until brown (~3 to 5 minutes per side).
- 4Drain well on absorbent paper.
- 5Serve with tartar sauce or Dijon mustard, or make crab cake sandwiches with lettuce & tomato.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mimi's Maryland Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1982.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 25.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning