Recipe by Mirj
This is a favorite of our from a local restaurant.
Top Review by ldsb67
These were amazing! I made this for a large Christmas dinner. I should have tripled the recipe because they went so fast. I was concerned since I had to leave out the paprika due to someone with severe allergy. I substituted fresh mushrooms and used onion soup mix. I made again later for myself and added the paprika. Both dishes were absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing! It will be my Christmas dish from now on.
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can button mushroom, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onion in the oil until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and continue sauteing for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the soup mix, the black pepper and the paprika.
- Add enough water to make a sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.