Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite of our from a local restaurant.
Make and share this Mifgash Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can button mushroom, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely grated
- Fry the onion in the oil until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and continue sauteing for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the soup mix, the black pepper and the paprika.
- Add enough water to make a sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
These were amazing! I made this for a large Christmas dinner. I should have tripled the recipe because they went so fast. I was concerned since I had to leave out the paprika due to someone with severe allergy. I substituted fresh mushrooms and used onion soup mix. I made again later for myself and added the paprika. Both dishes were absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing! It will be my Christmas dish from now on.
I used fresh whole mushrooms and sauteed them and used 1 1/2 tsp Au Jus mix with water and milk. It cuts down on the saltiness of the Au Jus mix. Hungarian Paprika is great in this dish. And my husband could have a few bites. We love mushrooms and this is a great recipe!
Very tasty! Look wonderful. And , for me, so exotic! Extremely easy to prepare.