Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Has a delicate fresh flavor, not heavy at all. Got from another site and it was given 8 points per serving. Can serve over basmati rice, couscous, or rice - I served in a bowl as a stew.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 extra small red potatoes or 3 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh squeezed
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Spray a large pot or Dutch oven with non-fat cooking spray and set over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken and remove chicken and set aside
- Add in garlic and onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until tender, about 5 minute.
- Return chicken to pan, and sprinkle with cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, & pepper.
- Add in potatoes, tomatoes, and 1-2 cups of broth (use enough broth to cover all the chicken and potatoes).
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, capers olives and parsley and heat through. Add in additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired (I didn't need additional S&P).
- Serve immediately.